Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3840x1080 Desktop Plasma & KDE

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Zen Seeker

Zen Seeker

• Members
  • 695 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

Running on a Debian branch on KDE amd64.

Was doing fine for years until the latest 3.7 kernel.

Using debian non-free 304 nvidia driver I was able to get not only the dual monitors working but also the apps and wallpaper running on both screens at 3840x1080.

Now with the new kernel installed support for nvidia is gone and I was unable to fix it. Even tried the nvidia OEM 310 release without any luck. It works fine on the old 3.6 kernel so it's setup right.

Had other upgrade issues with the old kernel and had to switch to the new 3.7 release. Switched to the nouveau driver and got both screens to run side-by-side rather than clone. But it's not the same for apps and wallpaper. I can move windows around across both screens but full screen only fills one window or the other. KDE/Plasma only sets the wallpaper for each monitor, not for both as it did under the nvidia driver. The bottom menu bar only goes along the bottom of the first monitor rather than extend across both.

I setup xorg.conf to with 'Modes "1920x1080"' and 'Virtual 3840 1080' which helpped but still left the above issues.

Any help to resolve this would be great.

Thanks,
Zen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users