Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I just can't get rid of this infection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 boston348

boston348

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

I've never posted in a forum before, so please let me know if I break ettiquete.

I have a redirect in firefox that I just can't get rid of. I've scanned with AVG 2013, SAS, S&D, Gmer, Mbam, Eset, Tdss killer, Hijack This, ComboFix and probably a few more. Searched every english speaking website to no avail and now I'm a broken man.

The most common site, but not the only one, is gossipcentre.com, but I don't have the random.exe infection most commonly attributed to it. I've also disabled almost all the add-ons and extensions in Firefox.

I won't post any logs until I'm asked but if anyone could help I'd be so greatful.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

Hello and welcome. The important thing is to se the Blue text above this forum.

Try this next.

In FireFox it may be the Add ons/Plugins. try disabling them one at a time and see which one was at fault.

How to disable extensions and plugins

Keeping your third-party plugins up to date
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 boston348

boston348
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Thankyou for the quick response.

All add-ons and extensions have been disabled. I've just updated to java 7, but even with the old version turned off I was still getting the redirects. I'll keep an eye on it though.

Its just so random. I may go several hours without an incident, giving me a false sense of security and then it'll just kick in again.

Thanks again for your time on this.

#4 boston348

boston348
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Yeah, I've still got it. I've no extensions or plugins running, except for FLash and Java. Any help would be most appreciated.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,040 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Ok we will need a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.

Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 boston348

boston348
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hi boopme.

I am relieved to know you clever people are on the case.

I've posted the new thread titled, Unknown redirect virus (gossipcentre & others)

I couldn't find an appropriate self-help guide unfortunately, but I'll be patient and wait for someone to get to my issue in time.

Again, thank you all for your expert time and a very merry xmas!

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,040 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

You're in good hands with gringo. I'll close this now and you are welcome~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users