Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Explorer doesn't open

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 snorlax1903

snorlax1903

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:20 AM

Whenever I try and access Windows Explorer nothing happens. It lights up for a bit like it has been selected but the window never actually opens. Task Manager indicates that Windows Explorer never actually opened. I need an answer to my problem soon because it is essential that I am able to manage my computers files.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bjamrok

bjamrok

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

I'd try running explorer from task manager. In task manger window, click File > New Task (Run) and type explorer.exe

If that doesn't work, try it in safe mode.
Sincerely,

Brian

"Thanks to all of you who contribute to open source projects and communities!"

http://jamroktech.blogspot.com

#3 snorlax1903

snorlax1903
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

It's okay now. Windows Explorer stopped responding the other day so it restarted itself. It started working again so i'm happy. Thankyou.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users