Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Undelete or file recovery

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 watz

watz

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

I know of a situation where files were deleted from a Mac when the user believed they had copied them to an external hard drive only to find out that the files were not on the external hard drive after they were deleted from the Mac. My question is, can all of these files be recovered? I have done some searching and see that there are Mac forensics out there but can they actually restore images to there original state?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sandiee

Sandiee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 AM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:05 AM

I know of a situation where files were deleted from a Mac when the user believed they had copied them to an external hard drive only to find out that the files were not on the external hard drive after they were deleted from the Mac. My question is, can all of these files be recovered? I have done some searching and see that there are Mac forensics out there but can they actually restore images to there original state?

Most of data recovery software allow you preview lost files before you recover them. You can download data recovery for mac , scan your hard disk free, after finishing the scanning, you can preview your lost files. The important is, do not pay for the software If you cannot find your lost files.

#3 lezzasui

lezzasui

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

Use Free Mac Data Recovery software to undelete or recover lost files on Mac system. This is a great recovery software and takes very least amount of time on recovery process. With the help of this recovery software you can also recover corrupt Mac files only with few clicks of mouse. For more info, visit:

http://www.freemacrecovery.net/recover-files-from-partition-even-after-time-machine-crashes

http://freemacrecovery.blogspot.in/2013/02/perform-video-recovery-from-formatted.html

#4 Judith1314

Judith1314

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

Yeah, all these things can be restored if the hard drive hasn't been overwritten. Otherwise, it can not be retrieved. Even some data recovery software can be found, but it can just recover the folders, not the files. So, the first step is that you need to make sure whether it has been overwritten or not. Then, you can use Mac data recovery software to get back files.

Good luck!

Judith

#5 thomas wright

thomas wright

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

I know its really very annoying when you lost your important data from any device like memory card, pen-drive, Sandisk card etc. But don't worry as there is solution to every problem. Use deleted file recovery software. It provide user an easy graphical user interface and provides you solution related to file deletion or corruption.

http://www.deletedfilerecoverymac.org/macrecovery-from-desktopandlaptop.php

Edited by thomas wright, 29 October 2013 - 03:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users