Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Signal to Monitor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 reinah

reinah

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Hi All,
I have a computer with a 5970 2gb black edition. Originally, I was experiencing issues with artifacting, so I sent it in for a replacement. When i got the replacement, it worked for a day, and I left it on overnight, and when I looked at my computer the next day there was no signal. The monitor cables are fine, I had replaced the graphics card to PSU cables, everything was plugged in properly. So I took it to my friends house and he plugged it in and it worked fine on his computer. I figured it was the motherboard, so I replaced the motherboard. After just installing the motherboard, I still have no signal. I'm sure the monitors are working as I've tested them with my laptop. All RAM is seated properly, everything is in place, etc.

Before the artifacting/trouble ocurred, the GPU had been working steadily for years. It's kind of an old computer, DDR2 800 RAM, the motherboard I got is an MSI P43T-C51, etc.
Could it possibly be the power supply? It is around a year old, and well over the necessary limit for what I need (a 1000W PSU) or could it be the CPU or something?

Help is appreciated, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darkbat

Darkbat

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Reinah,

Welcome to Bleeping :) You have proven that the GPU is working and, assuming that they are the same cables, that the cables are good. We have also proven the monitor is good as you use it with the same cables? on your desktop. So, we need to focus on the computer, With your line of troubleshooting we are focusing on the video issue I assume the lights are coming up on the tower and that it is not showing any signs of issue? Do you get video when you plug the monitor into your integrated port? I would not assume that your power supply is dead in entirety though you may have a issue with that rail that can be the source of your problems. Looking forward to your response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users