Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Is 'wvlap.exe'?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:09 PM

AVG is acting weird or so my dad and I think. Every time my dad or I boot up my dad's laptop, AVG brings up its window for infections. It says WVLAP.EXE is an infection and it asks if I want to heal it, ignore it, etc. Now it heals up fine, but EVERY restart after healing it comes back!! There are alot of spyware/etc removing tools on his laptop, I can't remember specifically. Can somebody please shed light on this dilemma of ours? Thanks

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 04:18 PM

Hi legoman786!

Have you tried running AVG in safe mode? You will get a better success rate there. You can boot into safe mode by pressing the F8 key right when Windows starts, usually right after you hear your computer
beep when you reboot it (some versions of windows will display 'Starting Windows' with a grey progress bar)
you will be brought to a menu where you can choose to boot into safe mode. If it does not work on the first try, reboot and try again, as you have to be quick when you press it.

David

#3 legoman786

legoman786
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 07:10 PM

I have many times, but here's the weird thing. Everything says there is nothing there!! WHAT IS GOING ON?! argh... This has to be the toughest virus/spy/mal/etc removal for me to date.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:22 AM

Hi again,

Have you check on your computer to see if the file is actually there?

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users