Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Language Instead Of English

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JZ2745

JZ2745

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:02 PM

I thought I had the answer and I'm so disappointed. I just don't have anymore ideas.

At a lot of sites I get this sort of thing:

HTTP/1.1 200 Ok Set-Cookie: BIGipServerAncestry.com=1141876928.20480.0000; expires=Sun, 26-Mar-2006 02:31:28 GMT; path=/ Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 02:01:29 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0 p3p: CP="CAO DSP COR DEVa TAIa OUR BUS UNI NAV INT PRE" X-Powered-By: ASP.NET X-AspNet-Version: 1.1.4322 Set-Cookie: ATT=vQTICI-IfklV4pbBUB08ZG*CvPQyFIDAClRCAM; path=/ Set-Cookie:

That's just an example. I thought Microsoft Word was corrupted because if I tell the computer to search for something I get a message that Mirosoft Word 2002 is installing. After I hit escape abt three times it stops trying to install and goes away. If I just let it try to install it tells me it can't install. If I go to Uninstall Programs and tell it to uninstall Word it tells me it has to have the disc in order to uninstall. I don't have the disc it wants. So I installed Microsft Office XP Standard in hopes that it would delete all of the old stuff as it installed but apparently it didn't and I still have the problem.

Before that I thought Internet Explorer was the problem so I installed Firefox. It doesn't happen if I minimize the aol window, double click Firefox and go that way. But it still did it if I went through aol. I set Firefox as the primary browser and it still happened when I went through aol. So I took Internet Explorer off of the computer so aol would have to use Firefox. It still does this when it goes through aol. But still I can minimize the aol window and double click Firefox and work that way but if aol is on Firefox how can that be?

Please save my sanity.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 08 April 2006 - 02:11 PM

Mod Bump
Posted Image

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 08 April 2006 - 02:45 PM

Since your problem seems to be related to AOL, have you contacted their support techs for assistance? If not, I suggest you start there.

AOL Support - Contact Us. The page has a link for live online help.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users