Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FBI moneypack with a difference

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stus

Stus

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

Hi,
Well for starts its AFP Ukash but I am hoping its the same thing. Though it seems a little little different from the other posts I have read.
Running Win 7
If I start normally the "AFP" page comes up, ctrl-alt-del works but the task manager doesnt come up.
I can't run in safe mode with networking as it gets as far as asking for the password, when entered it shuts down.
I can get to command prompt.
I can login as another user.
If I disconnect the LAN while login in as another user and then swith users I get a black screen, crtl-alt-del then gets me to task manager and the desktop picture but no icons or taskbar.

Hope I'm not doubling up.

Stuart

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

If I disconnect the LAN while login in as another user and then swith users I get a black screen, crtl-alt-del then gets me to task manager and the desktop picture but no icons or taskbar.

Try this to get your desktop and icons back: when you get the task manager open, click file, then run new task, then type the following without quotation marks "explorer.exe", then press enter
Posted Image

#3 Stus

Stus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

Hi herg62123,
Well that worked. Even though explorer.exe was already running I did as you suggested and it worked.
Now I better go and reread the other FBI moneypack threads and see what to do next.

Thank you

Stuart

#4 herg62123

herg62123

• Members
  • 553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:31 AM

Glad I could help.
Posted Image

#5 Stus

Stus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:19 AM

All fixed

I decided to run emsisoft emergency kit as the second user first with the thought that I might need to run it again as the first user, but it seems to have done the job as is.

Happy little camper

Thank you again

Stuart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users