Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will OS upgrade solve USB issue?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hipityglop

hipityglop

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

I have an Android Galaxy Sii, and it is having a difficult time communicating with my PC.

I replaced the cable and that didn't help.

When I can get it to connect to the PC, it only transfers a few files then disconnects.

I can upgrade my OS to ICS, do you think that will take care of the USB issue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

I think it's unlikely an OS update will resolve your issue. By any chance are you on a network that has Wi Fi? If so try AirDroid. I haven't used my USB since I started using AirDroid. I know it's not the fix for your cable, but might alleviate your problem.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Darkbat

Darkbat

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

I have to say that I second Animal I have only used my USB cable in order to load my custom recovery mod. After that I have only been using AirDroid to transfer files. You may want to find the Samsung Driver for the phone USB Driver This will download the driver directly from Samsung and may solve your cable issues if windows is kicking the phone off the connection.

Edited by Darkbat, 19 December 2012 - 09:23 PM.

#4 hipityglop

hipityglop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:49 PM

Thanks for your reply's.

I have tried Air Keis and Airdroid, and I can not get them to work. My networks is good, I ping the addresses they give me, but the browsers can find the phone. My phone is on my network, and I checked all the setting in Win 7 to make sure they are set-up and not firewalls are in the way, and nothing works.

I was able to back up my address book, and photos via Google drive.

My usb can get power from the computer, and the computer sees the phone, but the USB transfer wont work. I even set usd for developer, and that didn't work.

I have cleaned out the USB port on the phone with air and alcohol, and upgraded my drivers in Windows to the latest.

Still no worky worky.

Any other ideas?

Edited by hipityglop, 25 December 2012 - 09:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users