Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Experiencing screen tearing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rewster

Rewster

• Members
  • 204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

Well, I have been experiencing screen tearing with anything I do (watching movies, playing games, moving windows around.

This first happened on my previous computer, had an integrated gpu on the motherboard. An AOC F22 monitor and a Hannspree HSG1066 monitor, happened on both. Running @ 60Hz

This my current computer also has screen tearing. GTX 670, same monitors. 60Hz

Could it be the monitors going bad, or do i need better ones? The AOC F22 has a response time of 5ms, as well as the Hanspree HSG1066. Would buying a monitor with a faster response time/refresh rate potentially fix the screen tearing? Happens with both V-sync and without on both monitors.

Edited by Rewster, 18 December 2012 - 09:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rewster

Rewster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 204 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

Looked it up on google again and found my post, still need an answer before I buy new monitors.

#3 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

Screen tearing usually occurs under heavy load (gaming and things) or if the driver for the video card is not properly installed.

Also have you made sure that BOTH of the power connections on your video card are plugged in?

And that BOTH are connected to different power branches?

#4 Rewster

Rewster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 204 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

Yes, I am sure. Is it possible that I am just able to see when the frames are changing at 60Hz? I haven't tried any monitors over 60Hz, so idk if that would be possible.

#5 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Yes, I am sure. Is it possible that I am just able to see when the frames are changing at 60Hz? I haven't tried any monitors over 60Hz, so idk if that would be possible.

if you are able to distinguish things as 60Hz then watching movies with any sort of motion at all must be hell...

it really sounds like a driver issue, having bad monitors would lead to other problems most likely, are the monitors connected with VGA/DVI/HDMI??

What are their resolutions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users