Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer dead?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Deadpowerful

Deadpowerful

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Hey
So yesterday I was playing eve online and hit a bug. The screen went funny and my laptop froze. I then turned the computer off and on again and it just showed a black screen with coloured vertical lines. I then removed the memory and replaced it, took the hard drive out and then started the comp which started normally. I then turned it off, replaced the hdd and then started the computer fine. I then started the computer today and the problem is back but I can't remove it this time. Please help

Edited by hamluis, 18 December 2012 - 05:31 PM.
Moved from Vista to internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 surfandfixit

surfandfixit

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

It could be the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is on its way out, you can get them re-soldered but when thats done there not very reliable.
The other possibility is that the screen cable or Inverter is damaged. But to me at least it sounds like the GPU. I would look for a new motherboard on e-bay. depending on the laptop you can normally pick them up relativly cheeply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users