Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 64 bit - Network card keeps dropping..Help!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sjdad1970

sjdad1970

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

My network cards drop the connection and are listed as "unplugged" every time I game online, regardless of the game. I have 2 internal Realtek PCI GBE family controllers on an ABIT IP35Pro mobo. There is no set instance of why/when this happens only that it is completely random and I get the usual Event ID's in the system log after it happens:
--------------------

The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service was successfully sent a stop control.

The reason specified was: 0x40030011 [Operating System: Network Connectivity (Planned)]

--------------------

The Computer Browser service was successfully sent a stop control.

The reason specified was: 0x40030011 [Operating System: Network Connectivity (Planned)]

There are no other events, Application or Security that happen right before these events other than MS Application experience service entered the stopped state in system log. It could happen every few hours during the day to every 5-10 minutes after midnight( this is what is very weird since it did not do this prior to midnight this many times ). I sit behind a uverse router with it passing through a gateway from 2 powerline adapters. I have no problems downloading torrents, watching movies or anything l else strenuous on the network, but gaming. The only fix I have found is to disable the card and re-enable every time.

I tried researching this issue online with no luck on this event ID ( 7036, 7042 ) and no one seems to have an answer to fix this. I originally thought it was a Windows 7 64 bit issue, but I have tried the fixes below with no luck.

1) Disabled Computer Browser service
2) Disabled TCP/Ip Netbios Service
3) Updated Realtek drivers
4) Rolled back Realtek drivers
5) Changed IP address
6) Reset TCP/IP Stack
7) Completely blew out Windows 7 Home and installed a fresh Windows 7 Ultimate I had
8) Disabled windows 7 from shutting these cards off
9) changed power management to never sleep the system

I am at a loss now and I am reaching out for some help here on this. Any network gurus out there want to give a fellow techy a hand here? :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 C.L.C

C.L.C

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

When you say every time I play a game is this right when you start or has it been running for a while?

Silly question but is the internet light on your modem on when this happens?

Have you reset your modem to factory settings or rebooted it? Make sure you know your username and password first.

Do you have any other card to try, USB or PCI?

What firewall are you using and what is the make and model of you modem and network card?

#3 sjdad1970

sjdad1970
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

Thanks for your reply!

When you say every time I play a game is this right when you start or has it been running for a while?

Actually it has been running a while and I usually drop when I am at peak time , so heavy network usage when the card becomes "unplugged"

Silly question but is the internet light on your modem on when this happens? answer above

Have you reset your modem to factory settings or rebooted it? Make sure you know your username and password first. Not yet , but will try this is the morning

Do you have any other card to try, USB or PCI? I will dig up an old usb wireless to connect to my pc and try and see what happens.

What firewall are you using and what is the make and model of you modem and network card? I run a Netgear WNDR3400 right now as a pass through gateway only. I have the uverse modem downstairs and would like to be on my router only but haven't gotten the time to research how to do that yet. Right now modem goes through powerline adapters to upstairs netgear as an access point to my desktops.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users