Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 koolkev

koolkev

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

Hello, I need a bit of help....my computer will either freeze and show the blue screen memory dump, or just reboot it self. I tried to do some searching on my own and from what I can tell one my driversis corrupted. I did a reboot into safe mode and the following came up" A device driver is attempting to corrupt the system. The driver on the kernal Stack must be replaced witn a working driver. I went to Microsoft to get updates, but it appears my updates are comlete, but I am not quite sure whether I need to remove the corrupted driver first, or if I can just install the updated driver. Also I would need some help on how to do this................Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

Hello -
2 things I would do if you can restart the computer - Do you know the corrupt driver ??

FIRST -
Go - Start > Programs > Accessories > Find Command Prompt > Right click on it > Select Run as Admin > Type sfc /scannow and press Enter -
Note the space between c and / . This will take (on average) 10 to 20 minutes to run -

NEXT -
Open Device Manager and look for any Yellow or Red ( ? or ! ) marks beside any device - Please tell me if there are any -

Thank You -

#3 koolkev

koolkev
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

Thanks 4 the response......I ran the scannow and the response came back Windows Resource did not find any integrety violations. I then opened device manager as you requested and I did not see any Red or Yellow of any ! of ?

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

#5 koolkev

koolkev
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

here is the blue screen read me file

Attached Files

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

I asked that you copy and paste the results into your post. I'll do it for you:

Dump File : 121812-26426-01.dmp
Crash Time : 12/18/2012 3:14:53 PM
Bug Check String : KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug Check Code : 0x0000001e
Parameter 1 : ffffffff`c000001d
Parameter 2 : fffff800`02b04200
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00002000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17944 (win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\121812-26426-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 276,936
==================================================

It appears you've only had the one bsod - is that correct? Or have you had several of them? If only one, don't worry about it. If you've had several it can be any number of things including malware. Here are some steps you can take:

1) Run full system scans with BOTH your installed anti virus app and with MalwareBytes

2) Check for updates for your chipset, video, sound and NIC drivers (if applicable)

3) Check the ram:

To check the ram, download memtest (http://memtest.org/). Burn it to a cd using a dedicated .iso burning utility (http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm), make sure the cd drive is at the top of the boot order in bios, then boot to the newly created cd and run the utility.

4) Run checkdisk:

To run checkdisk, right-click on a command prompt icon and open as administrator. In the command prompt window type: chkdsk /r (then press ENTER). You'll be told the disk is in use and asked if you want to run checkdisk on the next boot. Say yes, exit the command prompt window, and reboot.

#7 koolkev

koolkev
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Ok I ran malware and it came back clean as did my avira scan. I did follow the prompts to run check disk, but when i rebooted, it did not run. I did it again and upon start up it still would not run. A bit later the computer again went to BSOD and the following message came up: Driver _IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_
Disable BIOS Memory Options, such as caching or shadowing" I am in the process of trying to burn memtest .........

#8 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

If you follow the instructions as I posted them, checkdisk WILL run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users