Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dual external monitors for laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sniper8752

sniper8752

• Members
  • 385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

I would like to have dual external monitors for my dell 15r laptop. it is an i5 with 6gb of ram, running windows 7, 64-bit. i have an intel hd graphic family display adapter.

edit: I have a vga and hdmi port.

Edited by sniper8752, 17 December 2012 - 04:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 C.L.C

C.L.C

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

First thing to try is using VGA and HDMI outputs at the same time. If your graphics card can handle it, you're all set. Some can, some can't. When you have both monitors plugged in, open the Display Properties control panel and try to get them both to work. This may require disabling the laptop's screen. If that doesn't work you may need to look into buying a docking station with two monitor ports.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users