Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 and IE7 and/or 9

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gemmyner

Gemmyner

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Okay, so here's the issue. My husband's laptop died. So he's using mine now. Except that IE7 and IE9 (after installing the latter) won't work on his profile. I made him the administrator and me just a standard user because that's what I found when I googled it. However, we tried that and it didn't work. IE9 still works on my profile but not his. His work email is only available on IE.

Can someone help? Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gemmyner

Gemmyner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

It's okay. We figured it out. Something to do with Skype. We uninstalled Skype and now it works. Thank you!

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,803 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

IE7 and IE9 (after installing the latter) won't work on his profile.

What profile are you referring to?

I made him the administrator and me just a standard user because that's what I found when I googled it.

What exactly did you Google, specifically the verbiage posted?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users