Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't remove Google Redirect Virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tbatti

tbatti

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Hello: I have a Windows XP machine and have a hijack virus that I can not remove. I was doing research on installing laminate flooring and a home repair forum had link with a video on how to do the install. I clicked it and an Installation box popped-up with with a message to click to get the video. I clicked it and was routed to an adult website, then my problems started. Every time that I do a Google search and click a link from the search, I am routhed to a 8.26.70.252 or a Scour 63.209.69.107 site. I ran a full scan with my installed virus scan (McAfee). Nothing showed up. Downloaded Malware Bytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Dr Cure It, and AutoRun, ran them also and nothing showed up. I read in one of the forums about outdated versions of Adobe reader and Java. I deleted all versions of Apple Quick time, Adobe Reader, Flash and Java. I then re-installed Adobe from their website. I didn't re-install Java yet, without Java, the redirect goes only to the Scour 63.209.69.107 site. Any help will be appreciated.. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 C.L.C

C.L.C

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

Not sure if you know how to boot from a live CD but BitDefender and Kaspersky each have there own version and they are pretty good. This might solve your problem, make sure you have a hard wired Ethernet connection and update them first. Also make sure to use the GUI interface.

BitDefender Live CD

Kaspersky Live CD

#3 tbatti

tbatti
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Hi C.L.C: Actually, I think that you fixed it. I created the Kaspersky and BirDefender Live Boot Cd's and ran them. Kaspersky found a Heur:Trojan.Win32.Generic entry. BitDefender also found something. I restarted and checked the links on Google search. Seems to be working fine now. No redirects... Thanks-a-million for the fast help.... Very appreciated!!

#4 C.L.C

C.L.C

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Hi C.L.C: Actually, I think that you fixed it. I created the Kaspersky and BirDefender Live Boot Cd's and ran them. Kaspersky found a Heur:Trojan.Win32.Generic entry. BitDefender also found something. I restarted and checked the links on Google search. Seems to be working fine now. No redirects... Thanks-a-million for the fast help.... Very appreciated!!

I'm glad I could help out, don't forget to update everything, especially your java since malware likes to attack outdated versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users