Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible to restore lost bookmarks?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nitro1

nitro1

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

My samsung galaxy S2 LTE recently had an issue where the stock internet browser crashed, popping up an error message about force closing. To the best of my knowledge, nothing out of the ordinary was done that would have caused this. I was just browsing while it happened, had a few windows open to sites I would normally frequent.

When I opened the browser again, my bookmarks were all gone. Seeing as how I have a habit of bookmarking way too many things, there's no way I'll remember all of them.

Would anyone know if there is something I can do that could potentially restore the bookmarks? If I could rollback my phone a couple days? Or if they might be stored somewhere on the phone that I could find while connected to a computer? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Brian Gove

Brian Gove

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

If you set it to the factory settings, I'm afraid that nothing will happen. remains only to try to remember)

#3 nitro1

nitro1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 AM

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

What do you mean exactly? Are you implying I set it to factory settings? Or that doing so would have no effect?

Regardless, I haven't done that.

I've been trying to do some research, and I've found info regarding viewing the browser.db file. Of course, I'm unable to access it without rooting my phone, which I don't want to do. Would anyone know of a way that I could view the file without rooting my phone? Obviously I wouldn't be looking to modify the file, I'd just like to view it and see if my bookmarks are stored in there somehow.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

Are you comfortable using command line? If so you can try this method: Read Android Data Folder Without Rooting

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users