Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

android phone

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 busygal

busygal

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

just found out i can go into my cell phone thu my mobile hotspot setting and use my data from my cell phone to get on the internet on my laptop.

Is this a got thing or not as i am going to be out in the dessert in a camper and i need to get on the internet useing the cell is so hard the screen is small to see. what do you think. please help me. busygal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

It's not something I would do regularly because you can eat up your mobile data plan very quickly and you pay a lot of extra charges. I suggest you check with your carrier for combined data plans. I have one with my carrier that combines my data plan for my phone and tablet. I don't have a laptop but I know they have combined data plans for that too. There are ways to do this economically but you should shop around and see what carriers in your area have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users