Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Windows 7 Alienware M15X Please Help

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 lowridin88

lowridin88

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

I get BSOD on almost a nightly basis. It always points to a usb bug code every time. Generally doesnt happen when using to computer, but sometimes it will crash then as well. Just never know what it is gonna do....

121712-38048-01.dmp 12/17/2012 1:26:34 AM BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER 0x000000fe 00000000`00000005 fffffa80`06eae1a0 00000000`80863b3c fffffa80`07a42b48 USBPORT.SYS USBPORT.SYS+2df7e ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0

dump file attached.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hello lowridin88,

Let's see if we can help you with your computer BSOD problem. These problems are often not simple, so gathering as much information about your computer will be important.

1. ) Please go to BSOD Posting Instructions - Windows 8 - Windows 7 - Vista and follow Step 1 to download the following two files into your Documents folder, then please return to these instructions and complete steps 2 - 6.
  • A. jcgriff2 BSOD File Collection app (by JCGriffith - Sysnative.com)
  • B. Systernals Autoruns - Microsoft Technet
2. ) Navigate to your Documents folder.
  • Right click on BSOD_Windows7_Vista_v2.64_jcgriff2_.exe and select, Run as administrator.
  • This will also run autoruns and will create a new folder, Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2, within your Documents folder.
3. ) Run a System Health Report
  • Click START -> type perfmon /report , then click perfmon /report at top of column. .
  • After data collection, click File -> save as perfmon.html in your newly created "Documents\Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2" folder.
4. ) Zip up the Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2 folder.
  • Right click on the folder and select Send to --> Compressed (zipped) folder.
5. ) Please upload the zipped folder to a File Sharing website of your choosing because Bleeping Computer has a 512 K only upload limit and this file will be much larger.

In addition:

6. ) To help us get a better look at your computer's hardware, please download and install Speccy by Piriform. (mirror site)
  • During installation, uncheck "Install the free Google Toolbar along with Speccy."
  • Run Speccy and from the top menu, select File --> Publish Snapshot. Click "Yes" to proceed.
  • Click, Copy to Clipboard and paste this address into your next post.

Regards,
Brooks

#3 lowridin88

lowridin88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Here should be all the info you need, Thankyou for all your help

Two files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/camodl556l3py4a/6PKnWt0AY6

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/yglTs7bomEZdzRx7YqDif3B

#4 lowridin88

lowridin88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

Previously I was having hard drive problems, and Dell warrantied me a new hard drive a couple months ago. That did not change this problem.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Is this computer still under warranty?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 lowridin88

lowridin88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

Yes it is under warranty. Dell is un-helpful, their only recommendation is to re-install windows...

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

I would take it back to the place it was purchased from and have it repaired as it is under warranty.

You will need proof of the purchase date and the place of purchase.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 lowridin88

lowridin88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Purchased online direct from dell.. Live in rural South Dakota 200 miles from anywhere

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

What happens when you tell Dell that you want it repaired under warranty?

You paid for this, it's still under warranty, and they should honor that fact.

#10 lowridin88

lowridin88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

They say "first we need to do some trouble shooting (person that barely speaks English)" I follow everything, and then the conclude that i need to re-install windows before they can go any further with diagnostics... If the problem were to still occur after the re-install they would do hardware replacement if that is really the problem...

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

Have you told them that you are computer literate enough to do the installation?

#12 lowridin88

lowridin88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Yes i have. I however have not done the re-install yet due to losing data, mainly because i feel that that is a bunch of bull that that would fix a usb bugcode??? Why should i lose everything i have installed just to do that. (I have backup hard drive, but programs and about a full day of my life to get it back to normal)

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

If you can borrow a Windows 7 installation disc you could to a repair installation which shouldn't effect you accumulated data. It will need to be the same version, Ex. Windows 7 Home Premium 34-bit or 64-bit, etc.

#14 lowridin88

lowridin88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

I have original disc and doesn't give me the repair option. Original Alienware Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

They also told me i needed a "clean installation"

#15 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,364 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Just to be clear, is the a installation disc for Windows 7, or a recovery disc?

This tutorial is for doing a repair installation using the Windows 7 installation disc, it hopefully includes SP1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users