Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FBI/Greendot virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 BigD_NC

BigD_NC

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Hello, I have the FBI malware/virus that locks up my computer. I've looked through the forums and didn't see a similar issue (sorry if I missed something in my search).

My issue is that this "FBI" screen comes up even in safe mode, so I'm not sure how I can get any of the suggested removal programs to work. In fact, the FBI screen didn't show up until I downloaded one of the "emergency" removal programs mentioned in a post here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BigD_NC

BigD_NC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

I reviewed a post with someone who had the same problem. It was suggested to run kickstart to remove the malware.

I printed and followed the instructions to kickstart. The final instruction said to restart the computer by pressing the restart button or removing the USB. Since the kickstart screen was blacked out (I've seen this comment from other posters as well) I removed the USB per the instructions. The second I removed the USB the "FBI" screen came on.

Thanks in advance.

#3 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 PM

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

Hello BigD_NC, and welcome to the forums! :thumbsup:

My name is bloopie and I'll be helping you with your problems as best I can! :thumbup2:

A few things to keep in mind while we are working together:

• If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate it if you let me know.
  • If you are unsure about any of the steps just post what you can and I will guide you!
  • Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.
  • Please copy and paste all logs here unless otherwise instructed!
  • Upon completing the steps below I will review your topic an do my best to resolve your issues.

==========

Please answer these questions for me before we begin:

• Please tell me what version of Windows your are running.
  • Is your system 32 or 64-bit?
  • Do you have access to a flash drive and another computer?

==========

Answer me these questions, and I'll do my best to resolve your issues. :thumbup2:

bloopie

#4 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Hello again,

Are you still with me? :)

This is a 3-Day Bump! If you still wish to receive help please follow the instructions in my last post.

If you do not respond in another 48 hours, I will be forced to close this topic!

bloopie

#5 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users