This is my first post here, I hope it helps me
Okay I've mscorsvw.exe process which has been running all the times from past 2 days, and it eats 80-99% of my CPU making it slow.
I have taken following steps in vain:
1)Did executequeueditems on both 2.0.5077 and 4.0.30319 under Framework and Framework64 (of Microsoft.Net) which gave me :
All Compilation Target are uptodate
2)Installed Process Lasso and marked this process under "Terminate Always(Disallowed Process)" but then it would try again and again to run while being terminated by Lasso. So I removed it from "Terminate Always".
3) A day back, Another file sbs_wminet_utils.dat was eating my CPU- nealry 100%, I searched about this file on internet and found 1 user telling that it was a new virus. As instructed there
, I deleted this file and it never ate my cpu again, but after doing this step again came "mscorsvw.exe", which started eating my CPU.
4) Right now, When I checked security History under Norton Internet Security, I am really amazed to see "sbs_wminet_utils.dat" again, It says at 6:30, this ate at least 100% of my CPU
5) All these problems started after I installed Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (It was Skidrow crack(Trusted Provider)), I have uninstalled this game with its setup files now from my PC
6) Hence now summarizing :
This is by Norton Internet Security
Category: Performance Alert
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action
17-12-2012 06:36,Info,High CPU usage by: mscorsvw.exe ,Detected,No Action Required
17-12-2012 06:30,Info,High CPU usage by: .NET Runtime Optimization Service ,Detected,No Action Required - (sbs_wminet_utils.dat)
16-12-2012 17:31,Info,High CPU usage by: .NET Runtime Optimization Service ,Detected,No Action Required - (sbs_wminet_utils.dat)
16-12-2012 16:59,Info,High CPU usage by: .NET Runtime Optimization Service ,Detected,No Action Required - (sbs_wminet_utils.dat)
16-12-2012 10:30,Info,High CPU usage by: mscorsvw.exe ,Detected,No Action Required
16-12-2012 10:25,Info,High CPU usage by: mscorsvw.exe ,Detected,No Action Required
16-12-2012 09:52,Info,High CPU usage by: .NET Runtime Optimization Service ,Detected,No Action Required - (sbs_wminet_utils.dat)
13-12-2012 14:04,Info,High Disk Read usage by: Windows Start-Up Application ,Detected,No Action Required
13-12-2012 10:49,Info,High Memory usage by: Call of Duty®: Black Ops II ,Detected,No Action Required
13-12-2012 08:38,Info,"High Disk Read, Disk Write usage by: Setup/Uninstall ",Detected,No Action Required
All these reasons are making me believe this a very very suspicious activity.
My System Config is:
Intel core i7-2630QM CPU
Memory 4GB, DirectX11
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
EDITED: 1) WOW! IT'll EAT CPU but not when TASK MANAGER IS ON.
2) Virustotal.com is giving 6/45 detection ration for sbs_wminet_utils.dat, SUPERAntiSpyware saying there: Trojan.Agent/Gen-MSFake[Gen]
Here is the detection page:
3) Used SuperAntiSpyware Professional Trial Version and scanned custom for : Memory, Registry, Startup Locations and Folders: \system32 and \syswow64. It detected and cleaned three threats, including sbs_wminet_utils.dat, SBS_MSCORSEC.dat and a tracking cookie.
4) After restarts, The CPU is not being eaten but it is working very very slow. I click something which will happen probably after 2 minutes.
5) After System Restore at a clean day and again using SUperAntiSpyware, everything is clean and working now.
Edited by Bineet, 17 December 2012 - 07:39 AM.