Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

the requested look up key was not found in any active activation context

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PetrMcG

PetrMcG

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

after running xp installation disk and initiating 'repair' I am getting this message when I try to update or go to a internet web site. ' the requested look up key was not found in any active actionvation context'. Any thing I can do to get back running again? Thanks for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

This is a common problem after a repair install for XP.

You need to uninstall Internet explorer 7 and if installed IE8 too. Start with IE8 if installed, then uninstall IE7. This gives the method for IE7 you can adapt it to IE8 also.

I would suggest to remove your IE7 completely with using following command on the START -> RUN

%windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe

This will uninstall IE7 and makes it so that you can reinstall it later. And this works for my PC with the same issue.

Hope this helps

The trick with IE8 is also the same find the spuninst\spuninst.exe in the /windows/ie8 directory and do it first. Once theyh are uninstalled IE6 should run and you can proceed from there.

I have had to do this in the past and getting back to IE6 was the cure.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 16 December 2012 - 09:17 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 greenlight

greenlight

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:02 AM

Roger,

I recently had this problem after a repaired XP install.

I successfully uninstalled ie8 and ie7 and then ran windows update to try to get SP3 installed...instead i received the following error on the ie6 interface... Error number: 0x80244019

with the message...

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,883 posts
  •  

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

I believe that you cannot use Windows Update...unless SP3 is installed.

But...you can download SP3 and install it without using Windows Update...thus providing access to the Windows Update site for additional updates.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24 , click the Download button, save to your desktop...install from your desktop.

Also...see the Fixit at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144 .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users