Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Won't turn on

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dylanmn

dylanmn

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hey all

Last month I left my desktop for a few days while I was out of town. When I came back, I tried to turn it on but nothing happened. By nothing, I mean literally nothing. No sound, no click, no fan turning on, no image, nothing. The green light in the back was on and the orange light inside the system were on, but other then that nothing would happen. After like an hour, it just came out when I pushed the power button on. My friend told me to not turn off my computer at night, so I just left it on since then.

Two days ago I came home from school for winter break, and it won't come on again. Once again, when I push the power button, nothing at all happens. The lights on the machine are still lit up, the green and the orange, but other then that nothing happens when I push the power button. Someone told me my power supply might be bad and I'll need it replaced, but I thought I'd ask here before I proceeded with that plan of action.

Happy Holidays,
Dylan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:19 AM

Try removing for a couple of minutes or replacing the CMOS battery from the motherboard and reconnect the ATX mobo power connector then press the power button (power cord unplugged from outlet) for 20 seconds atleast. If no response, then a PSU of same or greater wattage is the next step to take.

Tekken

#3 Alex-C

Alex-C

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Probably broken PSU.

#4 Moore76sc

Moore76sc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be the PSU. I did the paper clip test and discovered it was bad. There a varying ways to test your PSU to see if it is bad. I would suggest googling that before you fork out money for a new PSU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users