Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Help...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Twoecho

Twoecho

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

My computer has been running stably for the past 6 months (since upgrading some hardware), but recently I have been getting an incredibly annoying BSOD. The BSOD is for a Machine_Check_Exception. Parameters for the BSOD are 0x0000009c (0x0000000, 0xFFFFF180{missed the last digits}, 0x0000000, 0x0000000).

I also notice the message reads physical memory dump failed on device

Once the blue screen happens I am unable to reboot. Windows starts to boot but just before the login screen I get the MCE blue screen again. Weird part is that I can still boot to safe mode and if I let the machine sit for an hour or so I can boot it up normally again. The machine runs for between 4-20 hours before the blue screen happens again.

Researching this BSOD tells me that this is hardware related. I do not have anything overclocked, so that is not the issue. I have run several passes of Memtest86 and they have all passed, so I assume RAM is not the issue. Chkdsc has not identified any disc errors. My experience with GPU's is that when they fry, you lose all video, which I have not, so I wouldn't think it's my vid card (but I've been wrong before). Which basically leaves my Mobo, Processor and PSU. I am suspect of my PSU as it is not very highly regarded and has gotten some bad reviews for dying within 6 months of purchase.

I guess my question is this: is my thinking/troubleshooting methodology sound? Does anyone have any advice as to how to figure this out?

Mobo - EVGA X58 Classified-141-BL-E760
CPU - Intel Core i7 920 (1st Gen., Batch 3916B136 SLBEJ Costa Rica)
Ram - 6G Corsair Dominator-GT (3x2GB) PC3-15000 CL7
PSU - RAIDMAX RX-850AE 850W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V Modular PSU
GPU -EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti -448 Cores (Fermi) Classified Ultra 1280MB
Cooling -Corsair H60 Liquid Cooler
LG DVD Burner 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model GH24NS90 - OEM
Western Digital 320Gb Hard drive
Windows 7 64-bit with all updated drivers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Hello

Let's see if we can help you with your computer BSOD problem. These problems are often not simple so gathering as much information about your computer will be important.

1. ) Please download the following two files to your Documents folder.
2. ) Navigate to your Documents folder.
  • Right click on BSOD_Windows7_Vista_v2.64_jcgriff2_.exe and select, Run as administrator.
  • This will run autoruns as well and will create a new folder, Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2, within your Documents.
3. ) Run a System Health Report
  • Click START -> type perfmon /report , then click perfmon /report at top of column. .
  • After data collection, click File -> save as perfmon.html in your newly created "Documents\Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2" folder.
4. ) Zip up the Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2 folder.
  • Right click on the folder and select Send to --> Compressed (zipped) folder.
5. ) Please upload the zipped folder to a File Sharing website of your choosing because Bleeping Computer has a 512 K only upload limit and this file will be much larger.

In addition:
To help us get a better look at your computer's hardware, please download and install Speccy by Piriform. (mirror site)
  • During installation, uncheck "Install the free Google Toolbar along with Speccy."
  • Run Speccy and from the top menu, select File --> Publish Snapshot. Click "Yes" to proceed.
  • Click, Copy to Clipboard and paste this address into your next post.

Regards,
Brooks

#3 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

Twoecho also posted at TSF:
  • http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/machine_check_exception-679945.html
  • http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-machine_check_exception-679972.html

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users