Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows media player

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sherrymyra

sherrymyra

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

I just got my new computer with Windows 8. I don't like the windows media player I have. I swear when I first got the computer it was a different version. I don't know how it changed. It seems like windows media player and i tunes sort of synced together. And I can't find anywhere to adjust anything on this version of WMP. No equilizer settings and such. Can I get a different version of WMP instead of this one?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Are you sure you are using windows media player and not the windows 8 app?

See here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-media-player-the-default-music-player-in-windows-8/

#3 sherrymyra

sherrymyra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Yes I did that already. When I click on a song to play, first a small box media player comes up. If I expand that it doesn't look like any windows media player I have seen before. It does say windows media player at the top. It contains everything from my Itunes (maybe that is how it works now). But I see nowhere that there are settings for anything anymore like in previous versions.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Can you give us a screenshot of what you see?

This is what you should see:

Posted Image

#5 sherrymyra

sherrymyra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

yup that is what I see. So am I missing something. Is there somewhere for settings?

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,716 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Right click on the bar that says Library > Music > All Music. It will bring up the menu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users