Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I get BSOD when computer restarts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 r.hamil

r.hamil

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

When I turned my computer on, My computer started acting up and my taskbar became disabled, obviously from a virus, but this is not what I wanna talk about. It's that when I restarted my computer, it loaded at the desktop but wouldn't show anything like icons or start menu. Because my taskbar was disabled, I wasn't able to press "CTRL" "ALT" and "DEL" to type in explorer to bring it back.

So I decided to restart my computer again, but this time when windows xp said it was loading it then gives me a blue screen of a bunch of "x000000000" of sorts.

So I try a couple of restarts including last good configure or something and it gives me the same thing.

THIS IS WHERE IT GETS TERRIFYING!!!

I press F10 to go to the "Boot" menu to make sure nothing was changed and it had the exit and all sorts of options.

But when I restarted my computer, I went back into the "BOOT" menu and this time... MOST OPTION ARE GONE!!!

These are the only existing selections.

"BOOT"

Boot Option Menu

TSSTcorpCD/DVD TS-H552D
IBA FE Slot 0540 v4117
WDC WD2500JS-22NCB1

and

"Select Item, Enter Select SubMenu, Esc Exit"

THIS IS STRANGE!

I hope this can be fixed!

I had problem previously with windows on this website when someone named AustrAlien help me fix it. I hope someone can help me get in touch with him again.

I have a bunch of CDs such as "Parted Magic" and "Puppy Linux" that I can still run.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Edited by hamluis, 16 December 2012 - 03:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 r.hamil

r.hamil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

OK, a little bit of correction, I got paranoid with my computer and pushed F10 to bring up the "BOOT" menu thinking it was the former "BIOS" menu making me think everything dissappeared in the "BIOS" menu.

But still, any way to fix the BSOD?

THANKS!!!

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

Please download BlueScreenView (in zip file) to your Desktop
  • Extract (right-click > Extract all) the contents of bluescreenview.zip.
  • Double-click on the Extracted Folder
  • Double-click on the BlueScreenView.exe file, to run the program. (No installation is required.)
  • When scanning is done (usually complete by the time the interface appears), go ...
  • Edit > Select All
  • File > Save Selected Items, and save the report to your Desktop as BSOD.txt.
  • Close the BlueScreenView window... ... ...
  • Open BSOD.txt using Notepad and go ... .... ..
  • Edit > Select All
  • Edit > Copy, and then paste the entire contents of the text file into your next reply.
Someone can then review the results later -

Thank You -

#4 r.hamil

r.hamil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

Please download BlueScreenView (in zip file) to your Desktop

• Extract (right-click > Extract all) the contents of bluescreenview.zip.
  • Double-click on the Extracted Folder
  • Double-click on the BlueScreenView.exe file, to run the program. (No installation is required.)
  • When scanning is done (usually complete by the time the interface appears), go ...
  • Edit > Select All
  • File > Save Selected Items, and save the report to your Desktop as BSOD.txt.
  • Close the BlueScreenView window... ... ...
  • Open BSOD.txt using Notepad and go ... .... ..
  • Edit > Select All
  • Edit > Copy, and then paste the entire contents of the text file into your next reply.
Someone can then review the results later -

Thank You -

I'm using another computer to write this report.

My other computer doesn't actually work so I can't download and unzip bluescreen fix.

Edited by r.hamil, 16 December 2012 - 01:45 PM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,395 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Is this the same system on which you initiated a malware thread (which was closed due to lack of response)?

And the same system where it appeared that you had extensive file corruption or hard drive problems?

Louis

#6 r.hamil

r.hamil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

Is this the same system on which you initiated a malware thread (which was closed due to lack of response)?

And the same system where it appeared that you had extensive file corruption or hard drive problems?

Louis

Yes! That is correct!

I just never cleaned my computer yet and must have gotten more vulnerable.

I got this stupid fake FBI warning virus crap about how I had to pay 200$ at my closest retailer to unlock my computer supposedly because of illegal stuff.

That's when I restarted my computer and and found out that my taskbar was disabled.

And then restarted it again and this this the screen turns blue while loading windows.

I think I need to do another chkdsk but don't know how to access it without loading windows.

Edited by r.hamil, 17 December 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,395 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

Please...please complete your malware topic...before even considering opening a new topic for any issues.

I have reopened your prior malware topic and I suggest that you send a PM to the person who was helping you in that forum, informing him that you wish to complete that topic and noting that I have reopened it.