Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup Reboot Offline

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sungyong34

sungyong34

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

I needs some help how to repair Startup Reboot Offline without reinstalling Windows 7 again. I tried Windows 7 Disk, all three safe modes, system repair, and etc and still no boot up.

Thanks,

Mod Edit: Moved to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 20 December 2012 - 10:37 AM.
Removed FRST log - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

We'll need more info as to what happened prior to the computer failing to boot.Any problems with malware you're aware of? What errors do you get(exact wording please)

Also when you say that you tried ''All 3 safe modes'' what exactly do you mean.?
Please also note that Startup repair for best results should be run 3 times in succession,rebooting after each run!

This link and the answer by J.W.Stuart may be helpful, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/corrupt-file-at-startup-can-not-start-up-win-7/b7129bd4-abf5-44e8-b136-9d9bb9a22c60

Edited by Julia G, 16 December 2012 - 01:45 PM.

#3 sungyong34

sungyong34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Well I tried this link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/corrupt-file-at-startup-can-not-start-up-win-7/b7129bd4-abf5-44e8-b136-9d9bb9a22c60 , but didn't help.

The problem of my computer is:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline

Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 03: unknown

Problem Signature 04: 21201026

Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover

Problem Signature 06: 23

Problem Signature 07: CorruptFile

#4 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

Questions:1..What exactly did you try at the link,just the Startup repair 3 times,OR the suggestions for the command prompt as well? Please give details!

2..Can you boot into Safe Mode? 3..''did all three safe modes'' What does that mean?

This issue can occur if important system files are missing or corrupt,so how you go about fixing it(if possible)will depend on what you can do.So please answer my questions and we'll see what can be done.

#5 sungyong34

sungyong34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

Julia,

I did startup 3 times with Windows 7 DVD and also tried the command prompt.

About all three Safe Modes means, Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, and Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

Thanks,

#6 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

ok,so you tried startup repair 3 times and that didn't fix it,
you also tried the command prompt you say,at boot by following the tutorial on the link i provided for the other person?.Which command prompts did you try,AND what results did you get?Please give details!

Re:the Safe modes,so you are able to access safe mode?

Edited by Julia G, 18 December 2012 - 11:06 AM.

#7 sungyong34

sungyong34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

The command prompts on the link you shown me didn't work at all. Like tried all three safe modes and I still can't log in.

#8 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

Yes i knew or rather i strongly suspected that they wouldn't work,but they had to be tried.Look whenever you get the ''Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline''with ''Problem Signature 07: CorruptFile''error and then find that the System File Checker and other codes on the command prompt don't work,that often possibly indicates,that the system is badly infected by malware!

That in my opinion leaves you with two options:

Option One:You can go to the malware forum here and ask the guys and girls there,who are experts at malware removal,( i'm NOT)to help you!Please make sure to inform them of the steps you've already taken! http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html

Option Two:Wipe your drive,reformate and then reinstall the OS.Start afresh,which is what i would do,if i were in your place.

Sorry couldn't help you much.

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users