Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bought an Android..now what?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 M!5T3RM0U53

M!5T3RM0U53

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

My previous phone was Nokia 5610.

I bought Samsung Galaxy SII I9100. I have absolutely no idea how to use an Android.

I know how to upload music, but... how to use:

android messenger , that little green dude
there are no games, where to get games?
how to update firmware?
wat is kies?
I saw android market from pc , how to make google account?

what kind of plan do I need, 3g, internet , email n stuff. I will be using all facilities.
I used prepaid all my life.

Anything else if you think I should know about using android phone, I'm totally new in this. I need all the help possible.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

http://blog.clove.co.uk/2011/05/04/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-gt-i9100-quick-start-guide-user-manual/

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 M!5T3RM0U53

M!5T3RM0U53
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

I skipped most of the manual. Now back to the topic.

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

Everything you are looking for is in the Android Market or on Google Play (depending on which version of the OS you are running will determine which you will have, most use Play now)

You shoulod already have a google account its whatever you used to activate the phone. If not please return to tour service provider and have them help you set it up

Posted Image

#5 M!5T3RM0U53

M!5T3RM0U53
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

Everything you are looking for is in the Android Market or on Google Play (depending on which version of the OS you are running will determine which you will have, most use Play now)

You shoulod already have a google account its whatever you used to activate the phone. If not please return to tour service provider and have them help you set it up

Phone activation? I bought this phone online from Samsung store in India. what is tour service provider? The phone was fully activated and unlocked when I got it yesterday. Im using it right now but w/o the web service.

#6 KarstenHansen

KarstenHansen

The Dane

• Members
  • 1,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

I have a Samsumg Galaxy Tab2 10.1 tablet, and I most agree with the others here. Always good to start by reading quick start guide.

You HAVE to have a gmail account to use android. Please on your phone's browser Enter https://gmail.com and from there setup a gmail account to use with your S2.

Webservices have to be running or you have to be connected to internet on your phone thru DATA plan or WiFi.

Samsumg Kies is for updating your firmware but this is not something you should start with. Setup a Gmail account and then read the manual.

Games and other apps can be bought and some are even free in Google's PLAY store

Cheers and all the best of luck.
Karsten

Edited by KarstenHansen, 17 December 2012 - 08:37 AM.

#7 Brian Gove

Brian Gove

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

Google's PLAY store is a good place but have to find out what I really need? as for me you need to start with the fact that determine why you need this phone: games, work, communication, photo, browsing the Internet. Don't wont to give any links, there are so many Android blogs where can be found all the info about apps. also take a look on Facebook community where you can find lot of useful stuff and discover Android

#8 PS4AndroidHacker

PS4AndroidHacker

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:57 AM

If you'd really like to get to know your phone in and out,how it works, what makes it tick, and learn some programming check out the forums on www.xda-developers.com and do a search for your phone. You can install different ROM's, update your android version to the latest Android 4.2 Jellybean, and learn more about what makes your phone so great. Welcome to the Android community!!! I have the same username on the XDA forums if you would like to add me. Hope I could help out!

#9 pritesh1234

pritesh1234

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:43 AM

Do you see Google Play store icon? Just click on it and connect your gmail account to start downloading app from the store. It is very similar to what you do on Apple device, but you come from Nokia symbia family devices.

There are many popular blogs on android like androidcentral, androidpolice, fandroid. You can try them to look for some of the best android apps and games available for your device. Google is your best pal.
BTW, welcome to the club. Even, I recently started using android device. I come from iOS device family. Honestly, Android is much more fun :)

#10 M!5T3RM0U53

M!5T3RM0U53
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:37 AM

I figured out this device in about 15 days.

I need help to root this device. can anyone help root this galaxy s2 gt9100 ics. I've not updated to jellybean yet since I've heard a lot of bad rumors about it. 

#11 iDroid

iDroid

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

would go to xda forums and search for a guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1055

they have guide and files for pretty much every phone, I have the exact phone and rooted and got the latest version on there with minimal effort, the guides that are posted are very straight forward. just make sure you note down the exact versions of everything first before you start.... and remember to back everything up constantly! just incase... Good luck!

#12 Geoff_B

Geoff_B

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

If you'd really like to get to know your phone in and out,how it works, what makes it tick, and learn some programming check out the forums on www.xda-developers.com and do a search for your phone. You can install different ROM's, update your android version to the latest Android 4.2 Jellybean, and learn more about what makes your phone so great. Welcome to the Android community!!! I have the same username on the XDA forums if you would like to add me. Hope I could help out!

Wow - but he doesn't yet know how to use his phone let alone tinker with it :bubbles:

#13 Geoff_B

Geoff_B

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

My previous phone was Nokia 5610.

I bought Samsung Galaxy SII I9100. I have absolutely no idea how to use an Android.

I know how to upload music, but... how to use:

android messenger , that little green dude
there are no games, where to get games?
how to update firmware?
wat is kies?
I saw android market from pc , how to make google account?

what kind of plan do I need, 3g, internet , email n stuff. I will be using all facilities.
I used prepaid all my life.

Anything else if you think I should know about using android phone, I'm totally new in this. I need all the help possible.

Thanks

As an earlier poster stated, get ur gmail account in place, FIRST AND FOREMOST. When looking for apps to install on ur phone from, say, https://play.google.com/store/apps?hl=en as a starter. On left hand menu click on "All Top Free Apps" having first logged on to your gmail account and look for apps you want to install. If your not sure about a particular app then google it. Other sites may also offer Android apps to use, some free, some to purchase.

Good luck and DO READ the Quick Start Guide or google for the User Guide.

I am a 72yrs young person and even I have managed to use my Galaxy S2 with success (now upgraded to Galaxy Note 2) - love the big screen!

Edited by Geoff_B, 09 June 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#14 jkostar

jkostar

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

And, since I did not see anyone address, kies air is a great application used to access the phone's data from a web browser. As long as the devices are both on the same network, ( and same subnet) you can use kies air to open all of the phones data( pics, text messages, even transfer data from one device to the other.) Samsung proprietary application, but pretty good none the less.

#15 ccybertron

ccybertron

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:00 AM

root it dudee  :bananas:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users