Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BANNED from forum I never posted anything to WTF???

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Long story short...I wanted to download & "play" with Easy BCD free edition (which requires registering with NeoWin) on a virtual machine to learn it's functionality etc. I registered late last night or early morning (around midnight) but never dl'd the product. Upon visiting the site around 2 hrs ago I was stunned to be >>> greeted by this message<<<(link to photobucket screengrab) Not being able to contact the forum admin/moderators etc thru the forum I clicked the "Contact Us" link at the bottom and shot the webmaster this message:

To whomever it may concern:

Imagine my shock & surprise upon arrival @ the forum today @ 5:25 PM Eastern (after having registered sometime last night/early this morning) I was greeted by the following (link to screenshot)

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h382/UnionThug/Computer/WTF.png

This surely must be an error and/or someone/something has hacked my identity/ e-mail/ something else??? I would appreciate it if someone would investigate this and contact me @ the email addy I used to register <<REDACTED>>>@gmail.com or alternatively @ <<REDACTED>>@yahoo.com If this banning is in error kindly "undo" it asap. If it is in fact a "legitimate" banning kindly supply the reason for such.

Thanks in advance for your prompt attention in this matter,

Brand spankin' new (ZERO POSTS) member "yMjbKagCIT"

After logging out clearing cookies & refreshing the page I was able to read the forum topics etc...which indicated to me it was not my IP addy that had been banned (thank goodness) but possibly due to the fact that I registered with a 10 digit username generated by a random password generator & a 12 digit password generated by same.

Anyone have any ideas what I may be able to do to AT LEAST find out why they banned me in the first place...if there's something nefarious going on here it's SURELY something I'd like addressed.

Regards
"U_T"

MODS: Feel free to move this to any forum deemed more appropriate.

Edited by Union_Thug, 14 December 2012 - 07:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

My presumption is that newowin has some sort of spam component in the forum software. Your registration likely triggered an automatic ban. Member name yMjbKagCIT will raise a lot of red flags for forum spam fighters. It has the appearance of a randomly generated spambot name.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,771 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Hi,

if you add to that a free mail service that is also frequently used by spammers, it's easy to get blacklisted. I've been on a forum or two that wouldn't allow me to register simply because I used a @web.de email address at the time.

regards myrti

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Thanks guys, I suspected as much. Guess I'll just register under a different e-mail and use a "Real" username...like "Union_Thug" :P After looking around a bit I kinda like the foorum and may want to contribute there. I'll post back if/when I receive a reply from the webmaster--NOT gonna hold my breath tho :blink:

You guys r the best!

Regards
U_T

#5 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

@ Thuggie,
This is what you get for colorin outside the lines...... :hysterical: :hysterical:

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#6 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:09 AM

Hey Missy...:busy:

Yeah but fortunately it's more often a good thing rather than bad. :P

How U beez?

#7 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

Looks like that site is on VB4 so why do you care?? (VB4 is slow/ugly garbage) -- Stick to good sites like this one :)

#8 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

Looks like that site is on VB4 so why do you care?? (VB4 is slow/ugly garbage) -- Stick to good sites like this one :)

Point well taken. I'll stick with this one & 7 Forums Especially since I found Easy BCD (the ONLY reason I registered in the first place) on Softpedia :P

Edited by Union_Thug, 15 December 2012 - 07:17 AM.

#9 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

:busy: Hey Yourself Thuggie,
Good to see you around these parts...and I Beez Fine As Froggy Hair....

and hopein that I don't have to hang this on the light pole AGAIN this year....

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I been tryin really really hard to be good..... :whistle:

Edited by MissPlaced, 16 December 2012 - 12:29 AM.

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#10 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

>>>and hopein that I don't have to hang this on the light pole AGAIN this year....

Posted Image

I been tryin really really hard to be good..... <<<

Why would you go hang WMD's on your Christmas "light pole"? :P Or is it Festivus (for the rest of us) Pole? :whistle:

Edited by Union_Thug, 16 December 2012 - 01:32 AM.

#11 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

GEEZ Thuggie, Cheese it!! It's Mother Superior or in this case The Jolly Fat Man hissself....you tryin to get me in more trouble then I'm already in??...... :hysterical:

~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#12 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

It isn't the forum software that counts. It is the community of users and the content that counts. I've been on forums where a few users ruin the experience.

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#13 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Ya but ME myself i cant deal with quality GETTING WORSE..

If im on a VBB site for example thats running 3.8.7 and they goto 4.0.1 for no reason,I ABANDON THE SITE!!!!! (It goes from beautiful to garbage and they think its better!!)

I cant deal with that...... I thankfully havent lost my sense of whats good :)

Edited by 4dude, 16 December 2012 - 06:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users