Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

purchase template

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 panjok2

panjok2

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

My budget for the new computer is: $1000 less or more is ok

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)? video editing,would like to buy adobe photoshop and video editing software, web browsing,I don't play games

What software do you intend on using on the computer? adobe photoshop and one of the adobe video editors,zune software,I have a kodak playsport that shoots HD video so I edit HD video as well I use google chrome web browser if that matters and I have Norton internet security

Do you play games? If so, what type of games? no games

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it?
I like to play my zune music while browsing and editing video but can close programs when I am done, I usually have 3 or 4 tabs open when browsing and when editing video/pictures I would like to be able to multi-task and the computer be able to handle it though, I would really like to put video to tv and I run wireless through a router

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer? I store about 50gb music and have 150gb of video and 20gb pictures but I have it all on my desktop computer! I don't have to move all the video over but would like to put my music, some video and the pictures on there

I have always used HP computers but can switch if I find a better laptop, I don't need a huge screen, a 15inch is ok, I would like a nice display, I want windows 7 and would prefer not to go touch screen if possible. Also and I know I might be asking alot for the money but I would like a laptop that isn't too heavy! I know... with what I want... that there will be some weight involved though! thanks

Edited by panjok2, 14 December 2012 - 12:18 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,713 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

Wow... that's a lot of red.:blink:

What model are you considering?

It sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what you need, so what are the specific questions?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Sergeant Lewis

Sergeant Lewis

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

I think this laptop would be pretty darn good. It has windows 7, a lot of room on the harddrive, 8 gigs of RAM so you will have a lot for your applications. And for my favorite touch, it has a gtx 630m video card which has CUDA for all of your adobe applications. CUDA will dramatically improve adobe. Anyway I hope you like this one, I think it would suite your needs very well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230702

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users