Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Start-Up Problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lyssa1201

Lyssa1201

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

My computer will not boot into Windows. It would get to the cursor, right before it would normally go into the Windows start-up screen and then it kept rebooting and doing the same thing.

My computer froze up quite a lot, especially when I use Chrome, but somehow, I have tolerated it, though it would drive me nuts. I usually take the time to drag my files over to an external drive every so often to save things, just in case. And the last time my computer froze this morning is the last time I was able to get to the Windows start screen.

My fiance has brought his HD dock over to see if we can at least drag the files off and then we have to see if loading Windows will get my system up and running again. We can't get to the desktop folders to drag them over. Does anyone know how to get to them?

Attached below is the screen I sometimes get when it doesn't decide to keep re-booting over and over.

Attached File  Start-Up Screen.jpg   156.98KB   7 downloads

Edited by Lyssa1201, 14 December 2012 - 11:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Lyssa1201

Lyssa1201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

No, F8 doesn't work at all.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

What is the make and model of this computer?

When your computer freezes how have you been resolving this?

Do you have the installation disc for the operating system?

It sounds like your fiance has the right idea for transferring your data to his computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Lyssa1201

Lyssa1201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

What is the make and model of this computer?

When your computer freezes how have you been resolving this?

Do you have the installation disc for the operating system?

It sounds like your fiance has the right idea for transferring your data to his computer.

The computer is a custom-built PC.

When my computer would freeze I would do a hard shut down and boot it back up with no problems.

We do have the installation disc, but I would like to know if I were to repair the computer with it if it, would it delete my personal files?

#6 Lyssa1201

Lyssa1201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

We were able to drag the files over by connecting the hard drive to a secondary computer with the same motherboard.

Thank you for all your help.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

The following is from Windows Microsoft.com.

Recover Windows 7 from a serious error. If your computer won't start Windows at all, you can access Startup Repair and other tools in the System Recovery Options menu from the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive. These tools can help you get Windows 7 running again. For more information, see Startup Repair: frequently asked questions andWhat are the system recovery options in Windows 7?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users