Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost OEM disk for XP3

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stardustr2

stardustr2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Can I make/buy a backup disk for XP3? I am the OEM on my computer but have lost my disk. I have the original key.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Best path would be to contact the manufacturer of any OEM system, IMO.

Manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

I've had two different representatives of Microsoft give me two different answers when I asked about using another person's copy of a Windows operating system installation disc to reinstall or repair a computer. One of them was very staunch on their stand that you need to purchase a replacement disc, the other told me that as long as you have a proper product code and are only reinstalling it or repairing it on the original computer it doesn't matter. For that reason I don't have any qualms about suggesting that you see if you can borrow a disc from a friend, you may even be able to get your local computer repair shop to burn you a copy. It will have to be the same version as the one installed on your computer... XP Home, XP Professional...

It would be helpful if you could post the make and model of the computer in question.

We may be able to be of more help if you tell us what you have going on with this computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users