Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Hangs on 'Applying Personal Settings'

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JagsRock11

JagsRock11

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

I have one computer on a domain that will hang sometimes on 'Applying Personal Settings.' It's running Windows XP Svc Pack 3, and the server is 2003. I've read through many forums that I found on Google and one think I noticed was a common theme of this happening with computers that have been reimaged, or cloned. This computer was reimaged back in August. Unfortunately, no solutions were ever given. Has this been figured out? What should I look at?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,399 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

I'd be inclined to suspect a damaged profile, as a wild guess.

I would create a new user profile...try to boot into it...and see if the problem results.

I see a lot of guesswork about this situation...but no definitive resolution/cause.

The profile suspicion is what makes sense to me.

Louis

#3 JagsRock11

JagsRock11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

Okay, I'll try that, see how it goes over the next few weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users