Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird stuff going on with Avast

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mexigonzo

mexigonzo

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

Hello. I'm not sure if any of this means anything or not (it could be nothing) but I tried to scan my computer today and I got a message saying that some files could not be scanned. There was 8 total. I did a search on one of the files and found an answer on the Avast forum, stating that the files were virus definitions. I thought it was very weird that they popped up as not being able to be scanned. I've actually never had that happen before. My Avast webrep keeps crashing constantly lately, I'm not sure if that's actually related or not but I figured I would include it. Also, a window keeps popping up saying I am missing drivers, and at one point it actually listed the missing drivers (all were related to Avast but I can't remember exactly which ones it listed). I'm not sure if this necessarily means I'm infected with something, but it's very strange that all of this has been happening recently. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. =)

Btw here's an idea of the types of files Avast could not scan:
algo.dll
aswcmnbs.dll
aswcmnis.dll
aswcmnos.dll
aswengin.dll
aswfidb.dll
aswrep.dll
aswscan.dll

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

Hello, they are Avast's fies and are not an issue,

Files that can not be scanned are just that, no more no less....it does not mean they are infected.

They belong to Avast definition folder.....this will happen when Avast does a cleanup in that folder.

Reboot and scan again the error should be gone...

I'll take they were located here:
program files\avast software\avast\defs\12080200\algo.dll
program files\avast software\avast\defs\12080200\aswcmnbs.dll
program files\avast software\avast\defs\12080200\aswcmnis.dll
program files\avast software\avast\defs\12080200\aswcmnos.dll
program files\avast software\avast\defs\12080200\aswengin.dll
program files\avast software\avast\defs\12080200\aswfidb.dll
program files\avast software\avast\defs\12080200\aswrep.dll
program files\avast software\avast\defs\12080200\aswscan.dll
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users