Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Does not turn on in the morning

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 madgamesmike

madgamesmike

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

Hi everyone and thanks for any help you might be able to give me.

I have a Dell Inspirion 530. Running an Intel Core2 Quad CPU.

My PC recently has not been turning on in the morning. I press the power button it glows orange for a second and the CPU fan comes on but then it all goes out. If I pull the plug from the power supply and let it sit for a half hour or so, I can plug it back it and fire it right up.

I have cleaned it out and replaced the case fan which I noticed wasn't working anymore.
Do you guys have any thoughts? Power supply going bad maybe? Motherboard?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

From here Dell™ Inspiron™ 530 Series Owner's Manual
which has links to the owners manual, troubleshooting, And parts replacement.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/inspd530/en/OM/HTML/trouble.htm#wp1043338
If the power light is steady amber, there may be a power problem or an internal device malfunction.

Ensure that all power cables are securely connected to the system board (see System Board Components).

What makes it tough is that "I press the power button it glows orange for a second and the CPU fan comes on but then it all goes out"

If you can borrow a ATX power supply to test with. Leave it plugged in and try in the morning and see what happens. A normal ATX power supply will run your Dell, It may or may not fit depending on if you have a slimline ro not.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users