Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Usage Monitoring Application

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RevGAM

RevGAM

• Members
  • 714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

Can anyone suggest a good program that is compatible with Windows 7 and can be used to track how much each user of the computer uses the Internet. It'd need to:
  • track time spent, and MB or GB (total only is okay) of usage
  • be able to distinguish between different users somehow
  • be free

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Namaste, Peace & Love,
Glenn

If I have frustrated you, then I must be a student. If I've imparted information or a skill to you, then I must be a teacher. If I've helped you, then I must be a volunteer. If I've touched your life, then I must be happy!
If you had to choose between saving just your family, or saving 10,000 GOOD people (but not your family), what would you choose?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:17 AM

<LI>be able to distinguish between different users somehow < < < This bit I am not sure of with Free programs -

From Google with Internet Usage Monitoring Application as the search item -
Free Internet usage monitor? - Windows 7 Forums
Best Free Download-Upload Meter

#3 RevGAM

RevGAM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 714 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:54 AM

Thanks, but I was hoping for a bit more than search results...You know, recommendations based on experience...I guess I should've said that. :)

Namaste, Peace & Love,
Glenn

If I have frustrated you, then I must be a student. If I've imparted information or a skill to you, then I must be a teacher. If I've helped you, then I must be a volunteer. If I've touched your life, then I must be happy!
If you had to choose between saving just your family, or saving 10,000 GOOD people (but not your family), what would you choose?

#4 RevGAM

RevGAM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 714 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

I looked at the article reviewing the various software but I didn't see anything that appeared to allow differentiation between users (my second criteria).

Namaste, Peace & Love,
Glenn

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

I do have several others, but they do not meet your criteria for Free Programs - They are all paid versions (from $20 to $80 minimum) -
This is why I listed my Google search option for you to spend some time and look for yourself -

I think you need to look deeper, and decide on at least a minimum price for a Decent Program -

#6 RevGAM

RevGAM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 714 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

If I were in a financial position that allowed such a thing, I might do so, but I am not. Further, this program will only be used for the next few months, which further reduces any desire to pay for something. And, finally, again, I need to track each user. I'll do more checking while I wait to see if anyone can come up with any suggestions.

Thanks for trying to help.

Namaste, Peace & Love,
Glenn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users