Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Had to do a restore,comp still acting up

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 EscEscEsc

EscEscEsc

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

My comp wouldn't access the net so I had to do a restore. So my last topic was closed. In regards to my last topic, my comp is still acting up in normal mode. it is slow and on start up the sound is dragged out, it is also the same with shut down. This is the link to my previous topic. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic475036.html/page__pid__2916111__st__15#entry2916111

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

Hello -
Please read this last post from your previous topic if your problems are not yet solved > > >
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic475036.html/page__view__findpost__p__2916111
Your topic can be re-opened if you follow the given directions

We do not like to over-post advice being given by an expert in that particular forum area -

Thank You -

#3 EscEscEsc

EscEscEsc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

I was told to post a new topic due to my restore.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

I was told to post a new topic due to my restore.

The reason the topic was closed was due to a lack of response on your part. We all have events in our lives which dictate our free time, so it's understandable if a person can't get back in a timely manner. In this case Elise left you with a means of reopening this topic, did you contact her or any other Moderator per her instructions?

Who suggested that you start a new topic, and in which forum were you told to post it in?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 EscEscEsc

EscEscEsc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

Elise told me to.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

"Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

regards, Elise"

I don't see any mention of initiating a new topic in any forum.

Louis

#7 EscEscEsc

EscEscEsc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

She Messaged me.

#8 EscEscEsc

EscEscEsc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Sent 11 December 2012 - 02:50 AM
If you did a restore, the very best thing to do is to create a new topic with new logs and post a link to the old topic. That way what you did before and after the restore will not interfere with each other.
regards, Elise

#9 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Hi

You posted a reply from Elise that says

Sent 11 December 2012 - 02:50 AM
If you did a restore, the very best thing to do is to create a new topic with new logs and post a link to the old topic. That way what you did before and after the restore will not interfere with each other.
regards, Elise

To me this means stay in that forum and create a new topic with new logs. The part I put in red is what tells me that. It is not saying to change forums.
You can confirm by asking Elise in a PM.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 16 December 2012 - 10:33 AM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Agreed...the intent was for you to create the logs requested per Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html and then post your new topic in the same forum as your original topic.

Malware logs are not treated/handled outside that forum.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users