Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firewall Stopping Everything

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 carnivalofsorts

carnivalofsorts

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:01 AM

Hi guys,

I recently upgraded my Nortons Internet Security Package.

About a week ago or a little more maybe, there was a problem with one of Nortons releases, but they seemed to have fixed it.
However, i now find that in order to use several programs, including outlook express, and my online poker program, i have to disable the firewall.
I know this is the last thing i should be aiming to do, but when i try to configure it, even on the lowest security settings, it seems to still block them, and in the option where i can set the permissions for each program, it seems to have " always permit " as the option for the very programs its blocking.

I'm baffled, and firewalls/security etc is not the area im most familiar with. Would very much appreciate any feedback or info anyone might have.

Thanks,

Rob
If there really was a god, then why is my ass the perfect height for kicking ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 25 March 2006 - 03:26 PM

This link from Symnatec may help you...

http://service1.symantec.com/Support/nip.n...005083015103436
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"