Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Everything on monitor got smaller

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ShawnD

ShawnD

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

I have Windows XP. Occasionally, everything on my computer turns smaller. The tool bars, fonts, desk top items and icons, everything. Web pages fit the monitor, but everything on them are small. Then, all by itself, it will go back to normal. Also, if I right click on the desktop and hit "refresh", it will go back to normal. Any idea what is happening?
Thanks, Shawn.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Corrupted video driver could be the related problem... Please reinstall an updated video driver version or the latest version and check the difference.

Tekken

#3 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

PM recieved :

I tried that. I uninstalled the driver, and reinstalled a new one. I also did the driver for the monitor. Didn't have any luck.

Thanks for trying.

Are you using a mouse? Is it a desktop or a laptop? Check the CTRL key of your keyboard is not stuck or pressed down/broken. Pressing the ctrl key plus mouse scroll toggles the screen text and display sizes.

Edited by jhayz, 12 December 2012 - 01:31 AM.

Tekken

#4 ShawnD

ShawnD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

It is a desktop. No buttons stuck, and the mouse is fine.
Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users