Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crashing/Freezing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 djb102993

djb102993

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

I have a Samsung Chronos Series 7 running Windows 7 and as of a day ago i have been experiencing extreme stability issues, freezing programs and general unresponsiveness. Whenever I boot up my computer and log in, within 5 minutes the system freezes, with the only way of shutting it off being to hold down the power and force reboot. Each time windows boots up, within a few minutes of logging on the system freezes again.

After repeating this a few times it eventually would boot up, but freeze between the windows screen and the log in screen. The mouse was functional and could be moved around the screen but it was frozen at a black screen. To fix this I ran a system restore through the BIOS. This corrected that problem but I am still left with the problem of my system freezing every time it boots up.

I have run my anti-virus (Kaspersky) and malwarebyes, neither have found any sort of malware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

1..What i would try first is boot into Safe Mode (f8) and see if problem is present there as well.İf everything works fine in Safe Mode then some third party services are probably causing the problems.

2.. a clean boot to troubleshoot the problem http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

3..How much RAM have you got? İf there's enough then next step 4.. would be a scan with http://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/

(best to access the site with İE)run a scan,checkmark all appropriate boxes,including 'check archives,

click on advanced settings and checkmark ''scan for potentialy unsafe apps'

disable your antivirus just before you run Start

and re-enable it afterwards.The scanner will give you the option to delete anything it finds at the end.

Please do that and if after a cleaning of your disk and a reboot,the problem persists,please let us know the results.

İf no malware is found we'll have to do chkdsk next.

P.S İf malware is found please also go to Start>Run type prefetch click ok and delete everything on that page,then empty Recycle bin and reboot.

Edited by Julia G, 12 December 2012 - 09:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users