Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

twice monitors problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 axex

axex

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

The latest time i have been programming very much html and such, when i change the code and wanna see how it looks i need to minimize the page and look and the internet page. This is very annoying since i change the code allot. i have seen many people on youtube with many monitors and i thought i need 2 monitors to get more efficiant work done. I got 2 monitors but have no idea how to connect them. I need to know how to connect these 2. i got one vga output on my computer and each my monitors got 1 input. I would really appreciate a good answer :).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

If your computer has only one VGA output and nothing more, there is no way to connect two monitors and have them display different screens. If the computer had one VGA and another output such as DVI or HDMI, then a second monitor, which would need to have the matching input, could go on that output.

Otherwise you would need to fit a video card with two outputs, or a second video card (which would need only one output) if the existing VGA, onboard or card, is not shut down by a second card.

If you don't wish to open the computer system, there are external USB video adapters, which have limited bandwidth but would probably be OK for the purpose.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 axex

axex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

Now when i looked behinf the computer i found a DVI output, is there any cables i can buy that can convert DVI to VGA?

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

That depends on what type of DVI port it is

From here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

In addition to digital, the DVI connector includes pins that carry an analog signal, compatible with the RGBHV signals in a VGA connector. This allows a VGA monitor to be connected with a passive plug adapter and offers a universal solution for the DVI interface. The analog pins are the four that surround the flat blade as shown on the left-hand side of the diagrams for DVI-I and DVI-A.

DVI-D (digital only, single-link or dual-link)
DVI-A (analog only)
DVI-I (integrated, combines digital and analog in the same connector; digital may be single- or dual-link)

The DVI-D (Digital) does not have the four analog pins and can't be used for VGA.
There is a picture of the adapter in that wikipedia link. Read the wikipedia link it will help you.

Bottom line if you have the four pins around the flat bar yes you can. The adapters are fairly cheap, they are $10 USA around me.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users