Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question how to eliminate residual KM Player

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jimdays

jimdays

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Unfortunately, KM Player forum is closed to new registrations.
If someone could post the following question on their site, and then relay the info back here, that would be great.
My problem:
I installed KM Player and then decided I didn't want it so I uninstalled it and deleted the remaining small KM Player folder in Program files. However, I still am getting the following KM Player notices (see screenshots) which I don't want. The video files are associated with Media Player Classic, and open with 1-click Media Player Classic, so there isn't the simple problem of file associations. If the solution requires going to regedit, please provide detailed info, because I have little experience with regedit.
I posted this question on another website, but it is difficult to get an answer that I can actually solve the problem. I already searched my computer for any files with the KM Player name and deleted them.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by jimdays, 10 December 2012 - 04:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

Why not change the properties of the mkv file format with default program previously in KM Player to another Media player that supports mkv? Right-click the file and choose Open With and browse to your default media player. If your current media player does not support the mkv format, it will not be available when browsing for a default program.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users