First I'd like to post the link to my post in the Virus, trojans etc. forum here at Bleeping Computer. a specialist concluded that I was not having a malware issue but a hardware one. This post might be useful though, so why not share it.
I am having an issue where, when I do a graphics intensive thing, my default browser starts opening tabs or windows. (depending on the browser) These same events also minimize my game in order to view this newly opened window. (Essentially an "alt tab")
I tried to update my Graphics card but Im willing to bet I maybe did something wrong in the process. Also, taken from the post I made.
1. I uninstalled Google chrome entirely.
2. I repaired my game client.
3. I forced a repatch of my game client.
4. I checked my firewall settings.
5. I disabled my firewall.
6. I did a MalwareBytes Scan.
7. I did a Sophos Virus Removal Tool Scan, which I found from looking at this forum post. (Couldn't find the relevant BleepingComputer Forum post, apologies)
8. I did as TDSS Killer scan which I found at this post. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic423978.html
9. I completely uninstalled my favorite game, restarted my comp, re installed the game, restarted my comp, changed fire wall settings to accept it and repatched. No luck
10. I have a laptop that uses adaptable graphics, and it was when I tried to play a different game that I suspected that my graphics card may have been the root of the issue. So I tried switching my graphics settings in my BIOs to "fixed" instead of "Dynamic". No luck. (I have switchable graphics)
Here is my information.
HP Pavilion dv7t Notebook
Windows 7 Version # 6.1.7601, x64 based
1. Intel HD Graphics
2. ATI Radeon 6770m
I hope I have provided enough information! I would appreciate any help. Thank you.