Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Android phone USB driver problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 code13

code13

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

Windows 7 pc 64bit

I had installed adb drivers onto my pc to use on a previous android device.
When i connected a HTC android phone to the pc through usb, it detected drivers and connected. It detects the storage.

Problem is, when I am transfering files, Windows explorer hangs and the HTC is not using its own drivers, its using generic "android_winusb.inf" drivers.

I tried the phone on other computers and it automatically detects its an htc devices and the explorer does not hang.

Also, computer has 3 usb ports. Two usb ports detects the phone, the third one says its an unknown drive and {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}as the device.

Note:
Explorer does not hang on any other devices, such as the nook or usb thumb drives, just on the android phone.
The third usb works with other devices, but says unknown device for Htc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Which HTC device? Please be exact as I have the HTC EVO 4G LTE, a friend has the HTC EVO 4G, and another has the EVO Design all 3 use different drivers and software.

Posted Image

#3 code13

code13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

HTC One S

#4 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

Good News! That's roughly the same as my phone minor differences but similar. A few things that may fix your issue:

1) Download and install HTC Sync Manager from here if you haven't already-> http://www.htc.com/www/software/htc-sync-manager/download/
2) Check what your phone does automatically when connected to USB by looking in "Settings"->"Connect to PC' and set it to ask every time

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users