Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intel HD 3000 tweaking help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NuckenFutz

NuckenFutz

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

Hi, I've recently bought an Asus K55A laptop and it works pretty great. It plays most of the games I throw at it, although there is one thing I noticed. The FPS in lets say Oblivion will be at 74 FPS then go down to 24 FPS for about 5 seconds then go back up. I read up on the Asus K55A and found out it's using the Sandy Bridge and the GPU clock speed is based on the quality of the CPU. The GPU's Mhz can range from 650-1350Mhz with an i5 or better CPU if I'm correct.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to set the clock speed at a constant 1350Mhz because when the FPS drop, I believe it does so to save resources, ect. The lag spikes get sort of annoying though. I'm running on it on the AC adapter, the windows power plan is on High Performance and Intel's graphics setting is on Max Performance. All drivers are up to date.

Specs:
Asus K55A Laptop
CPU: Intel i5 2450M 2.50Ghz
GPU: Intel HD 3000
RAM: 6GB DDR3

Any help is appreciated greatly!

Edited by NuckenFutz, 10 December 2012 - 12:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users