Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer turns on and off by itself!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hello everyone,

I have no idea what has happened to my computer! It was working fine last night/early this morning when I turned it off and went to bed. When I woke up this morning my computer was turned on. So I turned it off, but it turned itself back on. Then it turned itself back off. It has been doing that all day!! I ran quick scans with Spybots S & D, but the computer would turn off in the middle of the scan. It did pick up one item so I stopped the scan and took care that item before the computer turned off on me. Then Ran another quick scan, nothing else showed up. But the computer keeps turning off and on by itself! I have no idea what to do next or what is causing this problem. Please, Can anyone help?

Edit: Monday December 10, 2012

I have tried running quick scans and full with MBAM, but the computer always shuts down in the middle of the scan! I have also tried doing quick scans with Spybot S & D, all but one time the computer shut down by itself during the scans! During the scans it did pick something up, so the onetime I quick stopped the scan and then deleted the found item restarted the computer and reran a quick scan and nothing showed up. However the computer still shutsdown by itself and will start up by itself after I turn it off! I do not know what to do next or where to turn for help, my computer is about 4 1/2 to 5 years old and is off of warrenty. I do not know if it is a problem with any of the software or malware got in there and possibly changed any settings or if a malware program is doing it. Any advice or help will be appreciated!!

Edited by Groffeaston, 10 December 2012 - 03:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users