Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Installing Office 2010

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shrimpman

shrimpman

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

I need some help. I am trying to install Office 2010 Home &amp; Student Edition, 64-bit on my 64-bit Windows computer. I previously had Office 2003 32-bit on the computer. I uninstalled the 2003 version before trying to install the 2010 version. Initially I let Autorun direct me into the setup process. However, the setup would hang halfway through. I looked at the setup CD and I figured out that it has both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions on there in different folders. It occurred to me that maybe autorun launched the 32 bit setup program by default. I did a System Restore to clear out the failed installation data, and tried to manually start the installation from the 64-bit folder's Setup program. But no dice. It still hangs. I have even used Revo Pro to make sure my old 2003 was completely uninstalled but it didn't help. Please help!<br><br>UPDATE:&nbsp;&nbsp; It finally did install.&nbsp; Maybe it only seemed like it was hung.&nbsp; The program took 1.5 hours to install, and nearly the whole time the progress bar sat in the same spot.&nbsp; Shame on Microsoft for not providing more visual cues as to what is going on behind the scenes.<br>

Edited by shrimpman, 09 December 2012 - 05:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users