Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer mouse issues.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EJIII

EJIII

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

My computer started screwing up the other day. While in Internet Explorer, the mouse switches from pointer to scroller, back to pointer on its own. I lose the scrolling wheel when this happens too. It is making it virtually impossible to navigate. It also randomly clicks links(repeatedly) if I hover for 1 second or more. If I highlight IE in the taskbar to choose a tab, I may end up eith 20 new windows open. Or if I try to click a tab to open it, it'll close every open tab.
I don't have any of these shenannigans when I'm looking at files, unless IE happens to be open at that time.
Does anyone know how I can fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

Have you compared this problem if its existent on other browsers or have tried safemode with networking? How about connecting another mouse to check on the difference or running IE9 with addons disabled?The Reset IE button is also an option in your case.

Tekken

#3 EJIII

EJIII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried another mouse and even a wired keyboard after my arrow keys went dead while trying to reset the boot drive in BIOS. I ran a system restore,to no avail. This is on an old Dell XPS 410, running windows 7 by the way.
I also ran the computer off my old HD with XP to facilitate updating the firmware on my OCZ Vertex 3 SSD. Funny thing, though. After returning home from holiday shopping this afternoon, I noticed the problem was greatly diminished. After putting up our lights and another trip into town, the issue seems to have vanished. I was afraid that I might have a motherboard issue, but it appears to have been in the SSD, which has sped back up to what it was 8 months ago when it was new.
I'm interested in the IE reset button that you mentioned, this is the first I've heard of that. Meanwhile, I guess I'd better start saving up for an Intel SSD!

#4 EJIII

EJIII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

Well, I spoke too soon. The mouse issue still comes and goes, although the response time of the computer in general is still faster. Gonna see if I can find that "reset" for IE.

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

Check also your Mouse Properties just in case.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users