Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wake-Up issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 meAJ

meAJ

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

basic-to-intermediate user level: Windows 7, about 1 year old; for a couple of months, I've been unable to "wake-up" the computer; I've turned OFF Sleep mode, etc., and most often, when coming back to it, the monitor is dark, with a moving status box, saying No Input; I try to move mouse, click, hit ENTER, CNTRL-Alt-Delete, etc., to no avail; its as if its asleep. Finally, I have to press and hold Power button to shut down, reboot, and go through the Error start-up screen options. I've run updates for drivers, especially for the Graphics, but can't seem to figure this out....Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

When you say that you turned OFF sleep mode,did you actually access your Power Options>Edit plan settings and next to the entry 'Put the computer to sleep' chose 'Never' from the menu,then clicked on 'Save changes'?

Then clicked on 'Change advanced power settings' and again under 'Sleep' chose 'Never'?

The No input error is also possibly the result of monitor problems.Have the monitor checked,the video card may also be corrupt,faulty cable(or not properly connected) or even the power supply may be faulty.

Plug the pc into a wall socket preferably into a different room and see if issue persists.

Edited by Julia G, 10 December 2012 - 09:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users