Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Safe Mode Not Loading

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zee Zatara

Zee Zatara

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 25 March 2006 - 02:46 AM

I am having computer problems, and was told that to fix my problem I need to go into safe mode. When I load safe mode, my computer will go to a black screen and creates a list of various file locations (drivers and other things needed for safe mode, I assume), but then it stops, and stays on this screen. It won't go any further. I have left my computer on the screen for at least an hour, hoping that it just needed some time to load. However, it is still on this screen, and I'm not sure what to do about this. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2006 - 08:15 AM

Hi Zee.
In the list, what is the last line it stops at?
Are you having problems after a driver upgrade or something?
And finally, have you tried booting from your xp cd in the recovery console?

#3 Zee Zatara

Zee Zatara
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 March 2006 - 10:06 AM

This is the last it stops at:
multi(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\Mup.sys

I'm going to try my recovery disk later today.

#4 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:00 PM

This is a problem often related to InCD, which is a part of Nero. If you go to the Nero update site and update InCD, it should fix the problem. If you have Nero 6, go here and scroll down to Update Package 3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users